counterfeit cashier's check [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell tcreswell at ozarkenergyservices.com
Wed Oct 11 13:27:45 PDT 2006

Sorry to continue this string but I feel it's worth mentioning in the spirit
of watching out for each other.

I got call the other day from a company that claimed to be the authorized
billing agent for AT&T (which didn't sound right).  I can't remember the
name now. Very official sounding, the guy gave me his name an employee ID
number.  He was doing an account audit and found that my business account
was "not on the right plan".  The new account would reduce my bill to
xxx/min.  I explained to him that I already had unlimited long distance for
something like $10/month and wasn't at all interested in updating to a worse
plan.  He came back with something else official sounding and I told him
that didn't sound right to me either.  Then just hung up me!  I called AT+T
and they assured me that's not how they did things and had never heard of
the company.

Not sure what his scam was but once he saw I wasn't easy pickens he just
gave up.

Be careful out there!
Travis Creswell
Ozark Energy Services