Small Inverter for grid tie? [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at charter.net
Wed Oct 11 08:32:05 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

Geoff:

For what it's worth, our fleet of STXRs have been working quietly and
effectively since the last replacement.  This includes one  on one of my
employee's homes.

One of the reasons I was willing to try the GT series is because Xantrex
corrected the ST fiasco and paid for my time to replace the units.

William Miller

At 06:36 AM 10/11/2006, you wrote:

>I got a suggestion of using one of the 48 VDC nominal inverters - the
>Xantrex STXR1500
>
>After the disasterous suntie history with performance affected by clouds and
>the MPPT algorithm etc, does this version perform better?  I recall that
>there was a "patched" version but then all efforts went into the GT (which I
>really like).
>
>Any input on good/bad/medium experiences with this particular model would be
>greatly appreciated.  Even at "mediocre" this approach may outperform the AC
>output limited SB700.
>
>Any other inverter suggestions out there?
>
>For a brighter energy future,
>
>Geoff Greenfield
>NABCEP Certified Energy Practitioner
>
>THIRD SUN SOLAR & WIND POWER Ltd.