VFX3524 and 1 HP 240V Gould sub pump....? [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Wed Sep 20 09:14:05 PDT 2006

Matt's right, in my opinion. Same thing happened to us: customer installed
against our recommendation a 1hp Goulds 3-wire. A single VFX3648 wouldn't
start it (with a single temporary string of golf carts). Cheaper to pull and
sell pump and put in an SQ, which worked fine. He installed an SQE
constant-pressure model, also against our recommendation as it was a phantom
load. But he is happy with the SQE, so that part worked out well.

Allan @+E