setting wind tower screw in anckors [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Mon Sep 18 07:01:21 PDT 2006

Hi Darryl,

I use my backhoe and concrete as well.  Most of our regional soil is way too
full of fist to basketball size rocks so I don't trust screw in anchors
either.  Walk behind trenchers aren't very effective around here so I've got
the backhoe on site to dig the trenches for power anyway.

The utilities use a boom mounted hydraulic mounted attachment for the guy
anchors for their poles.  It's usually the same boom they attach an auger on
to make the holes for the poles.  They've got thousands of lbs of down force
and plenty of hp to screw them in.

The last time I visited Bergey they showed off their sweet hand held
hydraulic set up they have mounted in their service truck.  Still I hate to
be on top of that when it hit a rock, maybe it's got a clutch?

I guess if you had a contract to do a bunch of met towers this sort of set
up might pay for itself.

Best,
Travis Creswell
Ozark Energy Services