SWIFT Rooftop wind turbine..... [RE-wrenches]

Charlie Robb, Element Engineering element.eng at quista.net
Fri Sep 8 07:34:54 PDT 2006

Folks,

I just picked up this thread (way behind the game as usual...)

In Scotland we currently have not one but TWO companies peddling
roof-mounted wind turbines and winning awards for how clever they are. There
are more being developed in the UK - driven by (apparently) gullible
government, funders,
investors and media. Would you believe that roof mounted wind turbines are
likely to get "Permitted Development Rights" in the UK which will enable
them to be installed on buildings without requiring planning consent?!

Choosing my words carefully, as far as I know it is still not possible to
purchase either Scottish machine and rumours that neither works are all that
I hear.
>From the installer's point of view this isn't funny because the TV and
papers are full of how you can buy a roof-mounted turbine for a very small
amount of money, slap it on a house anywhere and generate a huge amount of
electricity. So, I get so many phonecalls wanting them that I have had to
stop answering the phone and have changed my answerphone message.

I'll stick to my favourite heavy metal on exposed sites and wait for the
pain to
go away. Repeat after me: "I will never install a wind turbine on a roof."

Cheers
Charlie

Charlie Robb

Element Engineering UK Ltd.
Lornty House, Blairgowrie, Perthshire  PH10 6TB     UK
Office Tel: 01250 873906  Fax: 01250 873945  Mobile: 07887 991866

www.elementengineering.com

Registered in Scotland 263991

"Disclaimer:

This e-mail is intended only for the addressee and may contain
information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the
intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print
or rely on this e-mail.  If an addressing or transmission error has
misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this
e-mail."

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php