Grid Tie on GFCI [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks bill at brooksolar.com
Wed Sep 6 08:41:45 PDT 2006

Matt,

You are going to have to consult the manufacturer of the GFCI device to know
the answer. Many mid-size GFP devices used in commercial building cannot be
run in reverse. Very large devices that use CTs generally can be run in
reverse without problems. I assume this is a 100 or 200-A device. You will
likely have to make your connection on the line side of the device as per
690.64. If they won't let you do that, then you can't do the system.

Bill.