Sunny Island Battery Monitoring [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Thu Aug 31 14:41:46 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

What I really want is a charge controller that is also a state of charge
meter (or at least talks to one). I am not sure why the Outback MX60
cannot also keep track of battery state of charge with some additional
software and connection to a battery shunt.

It really irks me that every winter, the amp hour meter (pick your
brand) inevitably gets out of sync with the charge controller. The
customer gets anxious when they see their meter saying the batteries
need charging while the charge controller says they are full.

With all the fancy, high tech stuff we have these days, you'd think we
could have a decent, reliable battery SOC meter.

Todd

*
*

- - - -