Solar Commander Series IV manual [RE-wrenches]

Chris Worcester chris at solarwindworks.com
Sat Aug 26 10:29:56 PDT 2006

Fellow Wrenches,

I am working over an old PV system, one KC80 in an RV, and adding a new
system next to it that includes five KC130's in series, a MidNite Solar E
Panel, MX60 and an OB VFX2812M with six 6volt MK AGM batteries (but that's
another story).

We are reusing the old Solar Commander Series IV, Model SCS-IV, charge
controller made by Golden Genesis Company and the owner doesn't have the
install manual. I need help figuring out how to adjust this controller to
the new AGM batteries we're installing. The spec sheet I found on line at
the Kyocera web site says "Selection of battery type between flooded &
sealed". We took out a flooded pair of lead acid batteries, so my hunch is
the controller was originally set for lead acid. There is nothing obvious on
the back of it to reset, or I missed it, which could be the case.

Any help here coming up with an install manual for the old controller is
highly appreciated, thanks.

Sincerely,

Chris Worcester
NABCEP Certified PV Installer