Concentric knockouts on circuits over 250 volts [RE-wrenches]

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Mon Aug 28 08:49:29 PDT 2006

Eek,

I will try and become better at these postings.

I guess my point was not clear.

Quoting my 2002 NEC Handbook note on 250.97 "Bonding around prepunched
or eccentric knockouts is not required if the enclosure containing the
knockouts has been tested and listed as suitable for bonding."

This goes back to my note on UL listing. It seems that while you still
may have a question regarding the code, your real question goes to the
listing of the disconnect.  Are the knockout in your disconnect tested
and listed as suitable for bonding.

Mark Frye
Berkeley Solar Electric Systems

- - - -