NiMH battery question [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch michael.welch at homepower.com
Tue Aug 8 09:05:53 PDT 2006

Hi Jay & gang. I am by no means an expert, but I have recently heard that there are actually very few small battery manufacturers out there, and most are in the far east. So, while you do not know for sure, your inexpensive cell could actually be identical to a Duracell or some other major brand except without the same labeling and packaging. Rumor has it that way, anyway.

I recently started buying Powerizers from battery space. com. I just received my first batch of 2500 mAhr AAs last week.

I like these folks. You can download the spec sheets for their batteries from the same web pages where they sell the battery. They seem honest, though I have not yet cycled my batteries more than once. I ordered my batteries on a Friday via UPS slow boat, and they were here Monday morning.

Here is what they say about high capacity AA batteries:
Warning:  The most of  AA NiMH cells  labaled  > 2500mAh  are not real !  Please do not trust them.  So called  2600 mAh  or higher AA NiMH cell  may have a very low cycle life and you are risk at a much less cycle life.

Finally, check out this deal. 60 2500 mAhr NiMH batteries for $62.
http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=247&HS=1

They also carry what appears to be a nice battery charger for all common sizes NiMH & NiCd, and they have lots of different variety packs put together.

They have three different 9 V NiMH batts:
http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=254

Jay Peltz, Peltz Power wrote at 06:33 PM 08/07/2006:

>HI All,
>
>Wondering if anyone can point to the best of the NiMH batteries,
>And battery chargers
>
>talking AAA, AA, C D etc.
>
>thanks,
>
>jay