LADWP [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 30 18:53:52 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

Hello William,

I also can not get PVWATTS V2 to go from the map to the data screens
following the LADWP instructions.

You are right about $0.14/kWh if you already have projects in the queue.
8/3/06 application forms are available to customers currently on LADWP's
waiting list, unless they are affordable housing PV projects.

8/14/06 LADWP starts taking reservation requests for new projects.

LADWP's revised rebate program is a bureaucratic disgrace compared to New
Jersey's simple rebate process.

For decades LADWP boasted that it was pro-solar but did nothing. Then David
Freeman became general manager, fired 2000 employees (with no impact on
service quality), eliminated the multi-billion dollar debt that the
bureaucracy had caused, and started a solar program. A few PV projects got
started despite resistance from the bureaucracy. As soon as Freeman left,
the bureaucracy went back to its bad old ways of boasting about solar but
doing very little. Compare SMUD's PV programs to PV in LADWP territory and
it's like day and night. LADWP's entrenched bureaucracy has either
intentionally nipped or ineptly mismanaged every effort to expand PV in LA.
The new mayor and utility commissioners should clean house.

Joel Davidson