cooling technologies [RE-wrenches]

Lance Barker lanceb at highdesertnet.com
Sat Jun 17 08:55:27 PDT 2006

WIN A GAULEY OVERNIGHT RAFTING TRIP FOR TWO.
Enjoy two days of world-class whitewater with
a night of deluxe riverside camping in between.
http://click.topica.com/caaeUaEbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ NAAR

Ray Walters wrote:

> I did a system in Oklahoma that had an LP powered 3 ton Air
> conditioner. As I recall, the blowers and pumps still took almost 2000
> watts, so it wasn't a complete solution. Then to make matters worse
> they had a huge bank of glass facing west. I did some heat
> calculations and it looked like you'd need the whole 3 tons just to
> hold the temp steady against the solar gain. They were complaining the
> system couldn't cool the house down in a few hours on a 100 degree day.
> I think combinations of all of you all's cooling ideas will be the
> ticket:
> - limit solar gain

This guy is really good at coming up with ideas for limiting solar gain:
Ray Pokorny
Solar Interior Design
http://www.purveyor.com/sidabout2.html

Lance

FREE Zoobooks Elephants ISSUE and tiger POSTER!
Is your child reading? Zoobooks is guaranteed to improve
your child’s reading skills. Click below to sign up now!
http://click.topica.com/caaeTvWbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ Zoobooks

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com