Ethernet on Mod Sine Wave [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters walters at taosnet.com
Fri Jun 9 19:44:00 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

Hi Joel;

I've only had problems with the front load washers, Home automation
stuff, and an a few odd items like an Alarm system 5 years ago.
Inverters in order of wave form related problems: Cheapo Mod sines, DRs,
SW+, SW, Outback, Exeltech.  And of then of course the Exeltech has its
own problems running any kind of surge load, but its the best waveform
I've ever seen. Truely cleaner than Grid. It holds 117 vac from 0 watts
till it blows its little fuses out. Our grid has been as low as 88 vac
for sustained periods and as high as 132 vac. I've cooked some expensive
EV charging equipment on grid.
Most versatile? The good old SW4024 gives you the most bells and
whistles ( AC 2 in, surge to 7000 watts, on board metering, aux relays,
ease of use...) The Outback  obviously has a better waveform, but is not
as user friendly for complicated setups (Mate, no AC 2,), and the DR is
still my favorito when you factor watts/ $$, and reliability.(we direct
couple them to the ps2dc box, looks and cost are good)
I'm selling about an equal # of Outbacks and DRs right now. I save the
SW and the Exeltech for those "Special" situations.

Ray

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com