ground rod question [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Sun May 21 14:21:15 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

Burying the #6 bare copper in the ditch next to the power delivery
conduit gives one hell of a ground connection. I use this wire to tie
the system ground to the ground out at the array. I don't think it is
necessary, but it does help me worry less during the occasional
lightning storm we get.

Todd

David Palumbo, Independent Power & Light wrote:

>Darryl,
>
>Here's a hypothetical for you.
>
>Off grid system with ground mounted top of pole array located 150'(or more)
>from the house.
>Do you still run a ground wire back to tie in with the other ground rods?
>
>I have always done it like you state, with two ground rods connected to a #6
>bare ground wire (in the trench with the conduit for the transmission wires
>(high voltage to MX60)) which is connected to the system ground rods.
>
>Now with copper becoming so dear I certainly do not want to waste it is not
>necessary. What say you wrenchers?
>
>David

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com