ground rod question [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Sun May 21 15:36:46 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

In 1984, I suggested to a PV DYIer living in lightning country 30 north of
New Orleans to run #6 wire the 200' between the ground rod at his array and
the ground rod at his charge controller and battery bank. Lightning fried
his charge controller and blew the top off one of his golf cart batteries.
He replaced the destroyed equipment, added the rod-to-rod wire and never had
another lightning problem. Since then I tell (not suggest) installers that
they must tie all ground rods together.
Joel Davidson