Sealed battery choices [RE-wrenches]

Robert Foster rfoster at nmsu.edu
Fri May 19 13:47:57 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

Jeff,

We've had good luck with the smaller Concorde AGM (105 Ah SunXtender)
in Chihuahua. We have a couple hundred SHS installations with them
working 6.5 years now (~15% DOD). For hot areas (e.g., East Africa), I
think AGM would probably be a better long-term choice than gel.

We've used the industrial class Absolyte in schools in Central America
with good results for the past 5 years.

I'd be interested to hear more about your work (off-line) in East
Africa as we are planning projects in Sudan and Kenya.

Robert Foster

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com