Cell phone question [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at charter.net
Fri May 19 11:46:48 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

Allan:

Look for a phone that has as an option a "professionally installed" car
kit.  These accessories have a holder for the phone that connects the phone
to an antenna you can install on the roof of your vehicle.  For the
Motorola I have installed the Model S9950 car kit.  It allows charging,
hands free operation (which I believe is safer) and the antenna connection.

Also, when I upgraded to a newer Motorola phone, I was able to use the
existing electronics and wiring and only purchase  new hang-up cup.  There
are also building mount cell antennas one could connect to the cable from
your phone for even better coverage if you are stationary at a remote site.

An lastly, voice recognition dialing is very handy.  It allows you to keep
your eyes on the road.  I am using the Motorola V60P as of now and it works
pretty well.

William Miller

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php