Cell phone question [RE-wrenches]

Peter Duchon info at asappower.com
Fri May 19 10:24:56 PDT 2006

We use Motorola exclusively now.  The SLVR with the latest chip actually
improved reception as Cingular suggested it would.  I received my new chip
in April and now get to listen to my crew's cellphones' notify beeps when
they lose coverage on the way to remote sites.

I've also dropped many a cellphone from rooftops.  Circa 2002 phones I had
survived om each incident, but these were bulkier, heavier phones with the
high impact plastic cases, don't recall the manufacturer.

I dropped a Motorola RAZR (while flipping open) from a 2nd story rooftop and
it broke in half, but still worked without the display!  I've dropped the
SLVR perhaps 3-4 times, but only as I'm getting out of the truck or whatnot.
The SLVR has survived these drops and usually has stayed on.  I have not
dropped my SLVR on to a hard surface yet from any height above say 4 or 5
ft.    I think I've got nicks on each corner of the nice case of the SLVR,
but no worries there, builds character.  I like the SLVR because I don't
have to fumble it with one hand to get it open to answer the call.  The
other hand usually has, what else, but a wrench, in it.  Flip phones can be
dangerous to use if you are a dedicated answering party to phone calls
received in the field.

PD
asappower.com
1auinc.com