tower vibration [RE-wrenches]

Bob Ellison ellison at gisco.net
Tue Apr 25 21:12:49 PDT 2006

Kirk,
Pull the blades and get them weighed, the post office scale actually works
well and they have a sense of humor about it...
You are looking for differences in blade weights. It does not take much.
Another thing with the 1500's is the bolt in the furl pivot bushing needs to
be longer, it is short enough that the threads are in the bushing and eat
the bushing alive. Use a longer bolt. Another failure I have seen is the
shaft breaking in the stator, the retrofit uses 3 bearing. You can't check
this with the magnet can on, it probably needs to come off, there is not
much motion but it will move around a little.

I have the balancing procedure if you need it. Write the weight on each
blade so you can keep track.

Later,
Bob