Shattered pv module glass [RE-wrenches]

Bob Ellison ellison at gisco.net
Wed Apr 19 11:13:31 PDT 2006

http://click.topica.com/caaeE3vbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC Powerscan

Dave,
I have seen people have some luck with putting a sheet of plexi or lexan
directly over the top of the module, all the way to the frame edges. Use a
sealant / adhesive called "lexar" (I am out of the country and can't get to
my box but the name is that or similar) It can be bought at Ace hardware,
fairly cheap. It will work even if installed underwater. Try to keep it off
your clothes and hands. It will literally stick to anything it touches. It
removes from hands fairly easily just by rubbing it, clothes are a very
different story.
This stuff is non hardening, it just skims over but remains flexible and
waterproof. I have used it on wires to keep the salt water out, works like a
charm.
He also needs to put some cross bracing on that rack to stop it from
happening again. But I think he just got that lesson.

Have a great day,
Bob