outback inverter pack shorting [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Thu Mar 9 15:13:59 PST 2006

Shopping for a new car?
Pay 2-3% below invoice on a new car of your choice.
Save thousands with our free car discount finder service!
http://click.topica.com/caaexd6bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Dealix

Keith -

Do you have a x-240 installed between leg 1 and leg 2 of the inverter
output? Maybe its 2 pole 25 amp breaker has tripped?

With the X-240 autotransformer doing its job you should see nearly the
same voltage on the two legs of AC (within 10 VAC under worst case
imbalanced conditions).  If one leg overcurrent trips than the other
should as well - unless the X-240 is not wired in properly.

I would advise firing up the system without any loads connected - and
then turn on the water pump without anything else connected.

Let us know if there is anything we can help with.

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas @ outbackpower.com
www.outbackpower.com
Arlington WA USA
Tel 360 435 6030

Packet8 Digital Phones Service can save you up to
$999 annually on your phone bill! First Month Free!
Free Activation! Save $110 instantly. Wow. 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaexdPbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ TMONE

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com