California PV Installers - General Liability Insurance [RE-wrenches]

Barbra Kerr bkerr at energy-exchange.org
Tue Feb 28 04:41:13 PST 2006

http://click.topica.com/caaerelbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC Powerscan

Matt, Joel et al...

Thank you for the input and opinions.  Please know that I have been
contracting for over 16 years from standard C-10(Electrical) to General (B)
at the DOD level to now nicheing (is that a word) for the last 6 years in
PV.  I have had the same insurance agent for that entire time.  Not only
have we been witness to his hair going from black to white, but we have also
suffered along with him as both his knees have been replaced.

Matt, we have been through each and every aspect you shared and I can attest
to the accuracy of the experiences in all the markets.  We are being quoted
under class 99080 as another installer indicated, and have been for quite
sometime, so I don't think it is new.  We have racked our brains to be
"limited and creative" in our 8-10 page applications, starting 5 months
before expiration.

Over the last couple of days we have been successful in lowering the lowest
quote by only 15%, which is not much, but it is something.  With this, we
identified our minimum premium, and informed our agent that we were going
shopping...  So at least we have purchased sometime to take matters into our
own hands.

When posed with the questions, how do they justify this?  And Why?  The
agents response is....Because they can. How does one tell if it is the agent
or the underwriters?  Guess I will have to find out.  Matt, I'm putting on
my Hard-ass hat, pulling up my S*&* kickers, and I going in for some
de-facto lawyer training...  Oh my, It is going to be messy.

Kindest regards to all!

Barbra Kerr
Kerr Enterprises, Inc
800-886-2258

Shopping for a new car?
Pay 2-3% below invoice on a new car of your choice.
Save thousands with our free car discount finder service!
http://click.topica.com/caaerMmbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Dealix

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com