Sunny Island Experience? [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Irish jeff at hvce.com
Fri Feb 3 14:52:06 PST 2006

Shopping for a new car?
Pay 2-3% below invoice on a new car of your choice.
Save thousands with our free car discount finder service!
http://click.topica.com/caaerMmbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Dealix

Jeff,

Works great, we like it.  No issues, nice package but not low price.  Very
fast transfer when the grid goes down; computers and several clock radios
I've experimented with don't even notice the switch.  Customers like that
and the silence.  No EMI issues, but we use all EMT or Flex metal conduit.
Totally silent except for the 60 Hz hum from the T240 stepping a 240v
inverter down to the 120v of the SI.  Customers like the attractive yellow
package and overall look of the installation.  Again only issue with selling
a lot more is its high price.

No experience yet with using it with other inverters, but SMA told me it
should work fine controlling excess PV power in a grid failure through the
SI's frequency shifting.

If you get into installing one contact me off line and I'd be glad to pass
on lessons learned and advice... the first one took a while.

Jeff Irish
Hudson Valley Clean Energy
Rhinebeck, NY
jeff at hvce.com

Small Business Virtual Office VoIP Phone System. Big
Business Functionality for a Small Business Telephone
price. Packet8 Business Sales 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaer6Fbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ TMONE

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com