Satellite internet question [RE-wrenches]

Tom Elliot, Guffey Energy Works telliot at wagonmaker.com
Fri Feb 3 13:32:30 PST 2006

http://click.topica.com/caaerelbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC Powerscan

Travis,

The original Direcway modem was a usb model that ran using a proxy on the
host computer.  It was the 4000 and was the one I started with and it also
allowed uploading with about the same speed as the 6000.  Networking that
one was a real bear but they upgraded everyone to the 6000 and now the 7000.
The system with the phone upload was the DirecPC system that preceded teh
4000.  It may be an expensive broadband but it is affordable when the  only
other alternative is paying for another phone line and ISP access charges if
a remote home even has phone access.

Also, I've found that online phone software like Skype works on satellite
though the lag time makes conversations a bit awkward.  But it still works
fine.