Satellite internet question [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Fri Feb 3 12:30:51 PST 2006

Hello Brian,

I'm not sure what was out in 04.  We got Direcway with a DW6000 Modem about
a year ago.  ~600k down load and 15k up load (yes that's all for up load).
I believe before DW6000 that you couldn't upload with the Direcway system.
You still had to have a phone line for upload.

We recently upgraded to the DW7000 modem and have increased to a little over
1000k download and 50k uploads.

We can have three users on the web simultaneously.  They are some issues
with VPN's but I'm sure just what they are.  I can tell you my wife works
from home and logs on to her company's server from our house via Direcway.
The IT guys had to do some work to get the two talking but for the most part
it's pretty smooth.

Direct is the slowest and most expensive of the high speed internets but it
great if it's all you can get.  Lately a few of our off grid customers have
able to do the line of site stuff to a nearby town.  One is about 10 miles
out.

Best,

Travis Creswell
Ozark Energy Services