Satellite internet question [RE-wrenches]

Jason Lerner wapalco at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 11:03:27 PST 2006

<x-flowed>
Hey Brian,
  Of the seven Starband systems we were a part of two are still up
and running,  and those two had to buy new modems.  Configuring these
modems to have multiple users almost stumped our best and brightest,
and after they got them running would not even use them because they
didn't want Starband on their computers.  Starband is not MAC
friendly,  and tech support is impossible.  Most people have switched
to Direcway, and of those folks two modems needed to be replaced,
after that was done everyone has been pretty satisfied,  albiet they
are still quirky.  We just found out the Direcway's modems will not
support port forwarding so If you want to put in a webcam with its
own IP or something, it will not work.  Check out  http://
www.airwhidbey.com/default.php?id=5  Or  call my Hero Tom Lawless at
360 279-0578 in Oak Harbor,  He helped me set up a 5.5 mile wireless
connection.
Best,
Jason Lerner
Waldron Power and Light Co.