battery sulfation [RE-wrenches]

John Blittersdorf, Cent. VT Solar & Wind cvsolar at aol.com
Mon Jan 30 04:17:23 PST 2006

Jumpstart your love life at AmericanSinglesR.com.
Meet someone in your area today. Millions of member profiles.
Create a profile, post photos and search for free.
http://click.topica.com/caaemrrbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Spark Network

Marco,

I second the opinion that L16's need a monthly cycle at the minimum.   Of all
the Y2K grid backup installations I did,  the one that was  religiously
cycled to 50% once a month has done the best (24 Trojan L16G).   I have had
numerous failures of others including one with a battery top blowing  off.....
numerous shorted cells.  This one was properly watered but not  cycled.  I think I
have replaced all or some cells in about 70% of the Y2K  systems.  Definitely
more toward the 5 or 6 year life.  8 L16G is at 7  years and at about 25% of
original capacity... need to upgrade. Having been in  business  9 1/2 years, I
am still waiting for the best longevity numbers  but don't have many still
going. My first customer upgraded golf carts at about  5 years and 2nd customer
with Interstate golf cart batteries is still  going.  Had numerous cell failures
of L16's in grid tie at 2 to 3 years  when not cycled.

John  Blittersdorf
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer
Central Vermont Solar  & Wind, Inc.
104 River Street
Rutland, VT  05701

802-747-0577
802-773-0924 fax
802-770-8625 cell
_www.cvsolar.com_ (http://www.cvsolar.com/)

Shopping for a new car?
Pay 2-3% below invoice on a new car of your choice.
Save thousands with our free car discount finder service!
http://click.topica.com/caaemrqbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Dealix

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com