fridges [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Clearwater clrwater at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 29 15:07:12 PST 2006

<x-flowed>
Hey Good Colleagues,

Anyone know for sure if a ProSine 2.0 will start a Kenmore with a 4.5
Amp run rating? - I haven't had a chance to measure it's surge or
hear of its LRA (locked rotor amps).

Thanks!

Jeff Clearwater
Village Power Design

>Paul,
>
>Your inverter is a SW-2512, so waveform is not an issue with a
>fridge unless someone knows of a rare exception.
>
>New appliances are introduced frequently, so I would get the latest
>data. Here's a source:
>
>http://www.aceee.org/consumerguide/topfridge.htm
>
>Your old buddy,
>Windy
>
>>Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 17:41:41 -0700
>>From: paul wilkins <inkings at swcp.com>
>>Subject: fridges
>>

>>I have a 20 year old 12v Dometic compressor fridge that is dying. I am
>>looking for a used RF 16 or RF 19 Sunfrost, or recommodations for very
>>effiecent AC fridges that will get along with my Trace 2512.
>>
>>Paul Wilkins
>>formerly
>>The PV Network News
>
>Your free subscription is supported by today's sponsor:
>Is your computer freezing up or slowing down?
>Repair corrupt files and harmful errors - protect your PC
>Take a 2-minute PC health check-up at no charge!
>http://click.topica.com/caaerelbz8Qcsa9hBZif/PC Powerscan
>
>- - - -
>
>Archive of previous messages: http://lists.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/read
>
>List rules & how to change your email address:
>www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php
>
>Check out participant bios: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/
>
>Hosted by Home Power magazine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeff Clearwater
Village Power Design Associates
Sustainable Energy & Water Solutions for Home & Village
http://www.villagepower.com
gosolar at villagepower.com

530-470-9166
877-SOLARVillage