bus bar clamps [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Fri Jan 20 09:23:18 PST 2006

Shopping for a new car?
Pay 2-3% below invoice on a new car of your choice.
Save thousands with our free car discount finder service!
http://click.topica.com/caaemrqbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Dealix

A backfed circuit breaker on the distribution bus would ADD to the
possible loading of the bus. For example, 200 amp main breaker source
feeding the bus, plus a 50 amp PV source feeding the same bus would
allow 250 amps of loading which could exceed the ampacity rating of the
distribution bus.

A tap source between the main disconnect would SUBTRACT from the current
flowing. Say there is 200 amps of load down stream from the main circuit
breaker. Adding a 50 amp backfeed would reduce the current flowing from
the grid to 150 amps.

The issue is the distribution bus downstream from the main disconnect
since sources are additive there. At the same time they are subtractive
on the the meter socket or incoming service drop.

Todd

Bob Ellison wrote:

>This is an area I don't normally get into, but wouldn't a clamp onto a
>buss bar just contribute to the load on the buss bar like using a
>breaker adds to the load?
>
>Just getting confused, ( not hard on many day's
>Bob

Todd Cory
KE6SXS
toddcory at finestplanet.com
Mt. Shasta Energy Services
License C-10 # 811428
P.O. Box 689
Mt. Shasta, CA. 96067
(530) 926-1079

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is
not only unpatriotic and servile, but also treasonable to
the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt, 1918

http://click.topica.com/caaemrrbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Spark Network

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com