Automatic Battery Watering [RE-wrenches]

Tom DeBates habitek83 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 1 07:59:06 PST 2006

Paul,
  We installed an auto-watering system (different than the one Randy
used) on a set (8) of Surrette 6-CS-17P batteries. I agree with what
Randy siad and would add:
- definitely cut the tubes if you need to remove from cap (float
housing).
- we mounted the resevoir permanently to an adjacent wall.
- check the functioning one one float before installing all! we were
initially sent the wrong floats which were too short (allowed the level
to be too high) and had to remove and replace all the floats. The new
floats still allowed the level to be slightly high, but the manufacturer
said it was the best they colud do.....

good luck,
Tom

paul wilkins wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with the automatic battery watering systems
> seen in Home Power?
> TIA
> Paul Wilkins

- - - -