Xantrex Sun tie inverter [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Sat Nov 25 13:06:23 PST 2006

Jay,
Since it's a low-cost, low-risk system anyway...how about a NC AC-coil relay
powered by grid, with the NO/Common power terminals directing DC to a
resistive dump load? (Not that I've tried this...) Grid goes down, relay
immediately opens, allowing hydro to go to the dump load. You might have to
use an MDI mercury contactor to handle the 100V DC, but they're not that
expensive in 60A capacity.
Allan