Battery Fuel Gauge [RE-wrenches]

Art Weaver art at renovusenergy.com
Tue Nov 7 12:26:34 PST 2006

<x-flowed>

Indeed, we may be seeing a similar (same?) problem with a grid-tied,
series-stacked SW5548 system installed in a rural area with a weak
utility grid.  Our working hypothesis is that low grid voltage
(<215VAC) triggers inverter shutdowns with *NO* error reported in the
Errors menu.  Typically, one or the other of the pair of inverters
shuts down, not both.  We've *never* seen an error code on either
inverter.  Batteries are in good shape - only a year old, showing
good (dis)charging characteristics.

In an attempt at diagnosis, we're now datalogging AC+DC voltage and
AC+DC current in and out of the inverters.  Any insights among those
more experienced with grid-tied Xantrex equipment would be much
appreciated.

~art weaver
Renovus Energy Inc.
Ithaca NY

Joel Davidson wrote:

> Wrenches,
>
> I had another SW4048 inverter shutdown last night and had to switch the
> inverter bypass breakers. Grid power was 108 VAC. I think (in addition
> to worn out batteries) the inverter menu 11 AC Inputs > Set input low
> limit VAC 108 default may be too low. Has anyone else with grid-tie
> systems experienced regular "light brown-outs"? What corrective action
> did you take?
>
> Joel Davidson
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Joel Davidson"
> <joeldavidson at earthlink.net>