Outback PS2 Enclosure Confusion [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Tue Nov 7 11:16:21 PST 2006

John -

Yes - we did have a new version of the PS2 enclosure which started to
ship around May of 2006.  There was some changes required by ETL
regarding the internal fan mounting location and we had to move the
production of it to a different metal fab vendor due to capacity issues
with them - our original metalfab was not keeping up with our growth.

Well - in this move and slight "redesign" there were some problems which
resulted in a few of the previous provision being eliminated. This was
not realized until after the enclosures were shipped to the distributors
unfortunately.

The primary changes to the PS2 were the elimination of the mounting for
the MATE on the right side of the PSDC enclosure above the MX60 and the
entire elimination of the fan option - testing with the enclosure fully
loaded with a x-240 transformer and breakers showed that it was not
required and we now also offer a separately enclosed version of the
x-240 with a thermally controlled fan mounted into it if you need 6kW of
step-up or step-down.

We appologize for the screw-up and wish that there was enough time to
correct these issues - but we choose to put all of our resources into
getting the new FLEXware System enclosures into production instead as
they are far superior to the original PS2 enclosures.

The holes required to mount the MATE on the side can be easily drilled
if required - personally I do not like to use it as it only works with
the oval MATE and I prefer to put it somewhere where the customer is
more often looking.  We also will be coming out with a new version of
the MATE which will have different mounting...

Christopher

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas @ outbackpower.com