Battery Fuel Gauge [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Thu Nov 2 05:29:51 PST 2006

<x-flowed>

The only thing I buy from brand "X", and that is the "e-meter" (link
10). The reason why I choose this over other amp hour meters is because
of the bar graph gauge. There is no need for the customer to understand
amps, watts or volts (unless they want to see that information and turn
it on). They simply look at the gauge and 4 LEDS that are green when the
batteries are full, and turn to yellow and finally red as the SOC is
decreased.

I recently ran into my first customer that could not use this as they
are colorblind, so in this case switching the red LED display on to
percentage of charge solved that issue. I think this meter offers the
best of both worlds... techie data and a simple "gas gauge" readout.

I wonder if we will ever see Li-On storage batteries for battery based
systems?

Todd

Joel Davidson wrote:

> Finally, the question: What "battery fuel gauge" do you think is the
> most non-technical customer-friendly (easy to use, intuitive,
> reliable, etc.)?
>
> Joel Davidson

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com