NABCEP TM [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters walters at taosnet.com
Thu Oct 26 15:57:52 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

Hi  NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installers TM;

I need to bring to light a potential violation of NABCEP rules that I
discovered regarding my own use of the Name and credential.  I have
being listing myself as NABCEP ceritified, or as certified, licensed,
bonded, & insured, or as a NABCEP certificant, or at least, not
including the little "TM" sign with the designation. All of these uses
represent clear violations of the rules governing proper use of the
NABCEP mark.
I believe my greeting above meets the rules, but my TM is still not
offset or the reduced font size, so I'm not sure.
Also, the logo can NOT be associated with company advertising, it can
only be used with your personal name.
I was working with a graphics company to put the NABCEP logo on our
truck, when I discovered these problems. For now I'll have to play it
safe and refrain from using my certification in any more of our
corporate advertising.
Check the rules before you blunder as I did at:
http://www.nabcep.org/policies.cfm

Ray Walters
Solar Ray, Inc.

- - - -