Use of NABCEP Certification [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at netscape.com
Mon Oct 23 17:38:13 PDT 2006

We have a very simple and safe way to handle these projects that come our way.  We do sometimes hire an electrician directly, or work with an owner's licensed electrician to assist with our install, if our firm did not design, size, furnish all of the solar related equipment, and made several site visits during installation, then we do not get involved.

We turn down jobs every month from do-it-yourselfers who want to use some mis-match equipment they order at the lowest internet mail-order site, try to wire all the mess together, then they ask us to "just check it out to be sure its safe".  As far as we are concerned, if we even just drop by to look at it, regardless of getting any pay or not, you can bet we would be involved in a multi-party "shotgun" law suite if somebody gets shocked or a house burns down.  Anytime any attorney is called in after any death or property damage suite, they sue everyone that has ever had any part of the project as they know that allows them to make sure somebody can be found guilty and the others can spend thousands of dollars proving they were not the cause.

If we all agree to stay away from having any part of these type jobs and weed out anybody who is caught doing these "sign-offs", this problem will go away.

Jeff Yago
Dunimis Technology Inc.

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.

- - - -