Use of NABCEP Certification [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 23 13:53:00 PDT 2006

Bob-O,

Some consultants do not "sign off" on a job. They state verbally or in
writing that they inspected and tested the system, and that it was
installed and was performing properly or as specified, but they do warrant
nothing. They simply say, "It looks good to me, but I do not guarantee
anything." Also, some jurisdictions require designers to be licensed
professional engineers or licensed architects (not just licensed
contractors) and some jurisdictions and/or clients require designers to
carry professional liability insurance. The consultant's written scope of
work should help to clarify what happened. If nothing is in writing, then
it's just hearsay and you know what that's worth.

Joel Davidson