Just how good are those used, sealed lead-acid batteries? [RE-wrenches]

Hugh Piggott hugh at scoraigwind.co.uk
Sat Oct 21 09:06:39 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

We have used quite a few secondhand sealed batteries here.  They
varied a lot in durablility.  Some very fresh ones failed quite soon,
whereas another set that stood around for a year or two has actually
given good active service for several more years.  We had to weed out
the failing units but this was easier because they were used in 2 120
volt strings.  We only need to check the voltages and pull the weak
ones when the battery is not doing so well.  Replacements are
expensive but they have proved worth doing.
--
Hugh

Scoraig Wind Electric
http://www.scoraigwind.co.uk/