Backfeeding a 200 amp panel with an Outback 3048 [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters walters at taosnet.com
Wed Oct 18 10:26:30 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

First, thanks Todd you nailed my sentiments.
Allan, my crazy idea 1 was not using an existing Outback inverter. I was
hoping (as Todd mentioned) that Outback would create 2 separate AC outs
(one for loads, and one for grid sell back that could be put on a much
smaller breaker) This would be UL1741 listed, etc.
I know we can do the tap, just the batteryless grid tie guys are having
all the fun simply popping in a breaker in an existing load center. Each
extra step adds to the cost and ultimately kills some projects.

Ray

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com