Pump vs Inverter size [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters walters at taosnet.com
Tue Oct 17 13:18:45 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

Hi Esteemed Wrenches;

I have an existing SW4024 that we are considering using to run a 2 hp
240 vac well pump 2000 ft away. We are installing #1 Al for the volt
drop, and will run this with a generator for now. I know we're on the
line for this mating (my Dankoff info says 1.5 hp with 4kw sinewave, 2
hp with 4.5Kw sinewave inverter). Has anyone run a 2 hp pump (thru a
transformer) from a SW4024 or 4048? I've run a 2 hp Pump with a DR3624,
but it has a higher surge rating. Just trying to save the customer from
buying a 2nd SW4024.

Thanks,

Ray Walters

- - - -