VFX3524 and 1 HP 240V Gould sub pump....? [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell tcreswell at ozarkenergyservices.com
Wed Sep 20 06:03:22 PDT 2006

Hello Davis,

Yes, we have done a 1hp 3-wire with a VFX3524/X-240 set up.  Are you using a
3 wire?  The AC amps will be printed on the control box.  Confirm that your
AC amps are in line with that before moving on to look at the inverter.  If
you haven't got a control box then your problem has been identified as I
don't think a single inverter is going to start a 1hp 2-wire pump.

The inverter will shut off after a few seconds of 50 amps or greater.  What
the DC voltage doing during all this?  Is it falling below the cut off of
the inverter?

190 amps sounds a lot higher then what I was seeing at our installation.
>From memory we saw 90-120 amps at start up and ~70 amps running.

We did have a problem which even damaged a few of the inverters boards
several times before we figured it out. Turned out that the start winding of
the pump was the problem not the inverter.  It was really hard to diagnose
because it was intermittent.  No one involved had ever seen that happen (the
story of my life).

Best,
Travis Creswell
Ozark Energy Services