Battery strings [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 18 04:17:22 PDT 2006

Hello all
It seems that all of these configurations get into
trouble over time.  Reverse return is clearly better
than just paralleling.  I have a two parrellel set
that is OK todate, (3 years old, lead calcium flooded,
6 volt batteries, 48 volt string) it uses parralled
batteries between the two strings.  I hope it reduces
the chances of battery fires or problems if one cell
goes bad.  Next time I am at the site I will force a
charge or discharge and check if there is any current
in the paralleling connections.

The differences between sets of paralleled batteries
can develope by slight temperature differences between
the batteries.  And if a set gets warmer it will
accept more power and get warmer. Sources of this
tempature difference are suttle, and can be do to just
ramdom nature.

Darryl
--- Bob Ellison <ellison at gisco.net> wrote:

> Todd,
> I have thought about that but I am afraid if a high
> resistance connection
> developed in a couple strings it might just cause
> the power to run in a zig
> zag pattern through the battery following the lowest
> resistance path.
>
> The best cure is still a single string, but unusable
> in this case.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

http://mail.yahoo.com