dedicated AC disconnects [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 24 08:11:47 PDT 2006

Greetings from LADWP (aka Relic-land),

Yesterday, at LADWP's new rebates training session we were told that a utility tech has to specify where the visible, lockable AC disconnect switch is placed and that repair crews sometimes forget to turn PV systems back on so if you notice that your PV system is not producing power because it is still locked out to call LADWP and they will send someone out to unlock your PV system. Once again, LADWP recidivism trumps years of negotiating disconnects 8 feet or within sight of the billing meter and months of a union inspired PV system lockout.

Wearily yours,
Joel Davidson