Outback VFX with GFCI [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Tue Aug 15 13:05:11 PDT 2006

Kelly,
The concern I would have is not with GFCIs but with smoke detectors. They
must be wired such that if one alarms they all do. If the inverter is able
to sleep, this would not occur. My fear is that in the event of a fire, you
as installer could be liable for consequences.

I have never seen anything in print about this, so it may be an
unsubstantiated fear. But the day may have arrived when we can't allow
inverters to sleep for reasons of liability.

I would be interested in others' take on this.

Allan at Positive Energy