Wiring SQE Pumps [RE-wrenches]

Windy Dankoff windydankoff at mac.com
Tue Jun 27 09:47:38 PDT 2006

Here’s your chance to tell some of the most important names in
retailing and household products what’s on your mind. You could win
a free iPod Nano by signing up for our new consumer opinion panel
and filling out a brief survey.
http://click.topica.com/caaeTvObz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ HomeWorldResearch

Ray,

You could control the pump with a standard pressure switch (so when
it's off, it's all-off) just like you did with conventional pumps.
But, since the system doesn't mind frequent starts, you can reduce
raise the cut-out setting on the P switch, so the pressure is close
to constant. Customer is not likely to perceive the slight cycling of
pressure.

Just set the P switch lower than the max pressure setting of the
pump's controller.

This isn't from my experience, just an idea that seems logical and
simple, and understandable by anyone who needs to service the pump in
the future.

Windy

> From: Ray Walters <walters at taosnet.com>
>
> Here's another pump question: I've recently started trying the
> constant
> pressure pumps from Franklin (the CP Mono-Drive and DO work on the
> SW4024) and the SQE from Grundfos. People love the constant
> pressure, we
> like the no surge, and higher efficiency. Here's the problem
> though, on
> regular pumps, we wired 120 vac to the pressure switch, which then
> only
> fire up the transformer and pump control when you needed water. On the
> new constant pressure setups, they use a pressure transducer, or
> signal
> switch, and we have to leave the transformer and controller on 24/7.
> I thought about using a 2nd regular P-switch to feed power to the
> system, but with a constant pressure system it would never reach the
> high pressure cutoff. I thought about a voltage relay that shut off
> the
> pump, when the controller quit sending power to the pump, but how
> do you
> turn it on? We thought about controlling the relay with the signal
> from
> the pressure transducer, but it might shut power on & off to the pump
> every second....Day/ night timer.....
> Who has the nifty way to wire this? Or just leave it all on, all
> the time?
>
> Thanks as alway for all your great help,
>
> Ray Walters

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php