2 HP pump [RE-wrenches]

Jay Peltz, Peltz Power jay at asis.com
Thu Jun 22 17:29:01 PDT 2006

Here’s your chance to tell some of the most important names in
retailing and household products what’s on your mind. You could win
a free iPod Nano by signing up for our new consumer opinion panel
and filling out a brief survey.
http://click.topica.com/caaeTvObz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ HomeWorldResearch

Hi Todd,

A number of variables.
2 or 3 wire start?
120 or 240?
make of motor makes a big difference.
length/size of wire run

I have found a huge difference in efficiency of pumps.  For example
installing a SQ tomorrow.  The 1/2hp vs the 3/4hp was about 300% more
efficient with the 3/4hp.
But have found similar differences with standard motors.

So even if it will run it, still might not be a good idea.

Mostly I install SQ's, although generally not as efficient as
standard pumps, but the ease of starting means just fewer problems.

my 2 cents,

jay

peltz power

FREE Zoobooks Elephants ISSUE and tiger POSTER!
Is your child reading? Zoobooks is guaranteed to improve
your child’s reading skills. Click below to sign up now!
http://click.topica.com/caaeTvYbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ Zoobooks

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com