[RE-wrenches]

Jim Duncan ntrei at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 11 06:04:53 PDT 2006

Wrenches...I have found more and more homes being built here in the
North Texas area with ridiculous shaped roofs. The fashionable thing
this decade seems to be a steep pitch and lots of ridges. Seems the
simple rectangular house with a modest pitch and a large flat area is
out of style.
It also makes a large area suitable for an array of PV non-existent.
Still these folks want PV. They just didn't think of this before they
went house shopping.
So I am finding a lot of interest in systems mounted on a wooden patio
cover. A www search found a lot of traditional 'trellis' styled
structures. Some are freestanding and some attached to the roof or back
wall. All designs look too fragile for even a modest PV array.
Where can I get my hands on a design that is specifically meant for an
array? I don't really want to have to pay a SE to redesign the wheel for
me. If I must, I would rather pay the fees to someone in the trade.
Thanks as always
Jim Duncan
North Texas Renewable Energy Inc
Fort Worth, Texas