Vent on a near perfect roof [RE-wrenches]

Peter Duchon info at asappower.com
Thu Jun 1 11:40:56 PDT 2006

Jim,
You are correct, it's typically not an issue.  If you have attic access
reasonable, you can even (in most jurisdictions) reroute the vent pipe to
another area, otherwise, just cut if off top-side of roof, with at least an
inch below the module backing (not necessarily below the frame).  We do this
all the time without issue.   Snow shed or cover also (typically) would not
be an issue with the array covering the open vent.

Always wise to check with inspectors in the area however.   They might think
you are trying to hide something otherwise and that may cause further
investigation and needless waste of time.

PD
asappower.com
1auinc.com