ground rod question [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Mon May 29 20:08:31 PDT 2006

http://click.topica.com/caaePuwbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC Powerscan

Hi
I use a ground rod driving tool that fits on an
electric "roto hammer" or "demolation hammer"  or an
electric "pavement breaker"  I am old.  However there
is an improved "fence post driver" made by Greenley
that may be 1+" inside diameter and slides inside of
its self to allow a good stroke and driving the rod
from full length in the air to almost flush with the
ground.

--- Windy Dankoff <windydankoff at mac.com> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> Try a fence-pounder -- someone will tell us what
> it's called -- a
> weighted tube with a closed end and two handles ...
>
> -- but if you think you got it hard -- I had a
> customer on a rocky
> hill who drove an 8' rod in slowly ... slowly ...
> slowly over a
> period of weeks. Then one day he walked past it and
> stumbled over
> something. It was the "bottom" of the rod, poking up
> out of the
> ground a couple feet away.
>
> Windy
>

> > Happy Memorial Day Wrenches,
> > I hope everyone takes a moment to remember and
> why.
snip
> > I had one more, perhaps more basic question to
> ask.  Are there any
> > unique
> > methods or specialized equipment known to anyone,
> that will make
> > the task of
> > driving the ground rod in the ground easier or
> more successful?
> >
> > Thanks so much,
> > Peter
> > asappower.com