Info on arco panels? [RE-wrenches]

Windy Dankoff windydankoff at mac.com
Wed May 17 13:28:59 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

Bob,

Those panels date back to mid-80's. Arco was the first mass-producer
of PV modules. They later became Siemens Solar. In general, their old
modules still work fine, with relatively little deterioration. The
exception is some of them in which the temperature was too high
during the lamination process, and the encapsulant material later
turned brown. If these modules aren't browning significantly, and
they all test well, then they are likely to keep on truckin' for some
time.

As for value, they would have value only for off-grid, off-code
applications.

Windy

> From: "Bob Ellison" <ellison at gisco.net>
> Subject: Info on arco panels?
>
> Has anyone got any info on these panels? How have they held up in
> the past
> and such.
> I have a customer looking to upgrade and he wonders what they are
> worth.
>
> Thanks
> Bob
>
> ARCO Solar Inc. Here is what I copied off the Panel
> Performance @ 25 C:    Max Power 50 watts
>                                     I @ Max Power =3.11 amps
>                                     V @ Max Power = 16.1 volts
>                                     Open Circuit Voltage = 22 volts